Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Old Mother Hubbard

Remember the nursery rhyme?

Old Mother Hubbard
Went to her cupboard
to give the poor dog a bone.

Mine would be something like:

Young Mother Bailey (i refuse to call myself old)
Went to her Pantry
and couldn't find a damn thing.

Thanks to Pintrest (a virtual pinboard of fabulous ideas, photos, and inspiration) and my new favorite blog: iheartorganizing.blogspot.com, I've re-vamped my pantry for about $70.  I got the shelves at Bed Bath & Beyond.  The pantry and freezer baskets, as well as the bottom stacking baskets are from Container Store.
BEFORE
 seriously.. how did we find stuff?
AFTER

**In the interest of full disclosure:  I cleaned out the pantry as well.  Some things had expired, some were donated, and lastly, I haven't grocery shopped since before school started.. It's time.** {dread}




While I was at it, I transformed our freezer.  It was an opportunity to clean out & dispose of expired foods. (Not that we had many of them, ahem).




UNDERSTATED JENN'S INTREPRETATION:


the icepacks for lunches and more importantly, WINE!

***I'm sure there are some that think this is a waste of time.  For me, it is not; it's crucial for me to stay organized.  I'm very ADD, and have all the wonderful traits that it entails.  It's not easy for an ADD mom to efficiently run a household without a place for everything, and everything in it's place.  It benefits both myself AND the family when there is order.

Here's a link to Wikepedia's Old Mother Hubbard.  I had no idea it was such a long poem.  Learn something new everyday! ;) wink

No comments:

Post a Comment