Monday, August 29, 2011

One Room Craftroom/Schoolhouse

Last year I felt like an insane person, trying to keep up with both boy's elementary handouts, homework, and any other paper that the school sends home.  [I'm quite positive, our school alone, is responsible for deforestation in the amazon.  I digress.]
The last few weeks of summer, I spent re-structuring, purging, and of course reorganizing.  I was thinking the best possible way for me and the boys to work out papers, homework, etc.  Here's what I've come up with.
In my craftroom/office I have 2 utility tables (ugly, i know, but super functional).  There is room at the tables for homework to be completed.  Also, if we have dinner, and for some reason we're not finished with homework, we don't have to clear anything off, we can just come back to it.  I know what i did on the doors, isn't sightly, but it's functional [plus I want new closet doors anyhow].

my 'classroom wall'  That is the homework caddy.  papers, rulers,  etc.
homework box with the 'essentials'.

each drawer in this chest holds something school/educational related.

money, flash cards, word cubes.

Voila! This is how I'm staying organized this school year.  Bring it on First & Second Grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment