Monday, June 13, 2011

My hero

The title, while it should read: My heroes, is a tribute to the Foo Fighters: My hero. You know I'm crazy, mad about music, and the Foo Fighters are no exception.  Such a great song.


(I love the stoic, tough look they give).  So serious.
An evening with Thor & Capt. America.  Although we don't let the boys watch the live action movies, or the 'real superhero movies' as they address them, they enjoy the comics, and the cartoons.  Aidan also had to doctor his Thor hammer, due the inaccuracy of the Nerf design.  The 'real' Thor hammer has a strap, that (Thor) can spin around before launching it.  So, we added a long rubber band and duck tape.  I'm happy to report it now is 'much better, and much more like Thor's real hammer'! 


Tiger cub & 'Akela' & my Wolf cub.  They had a fantastic time at scout camp. 
Liam made a bird feeder (I almost bought one, but didn't have to)!  I even talked him into painting it  to match the planters!  He willingly obliged.  Aidan made a pinewood derby stand.  He's not painted it yet, as he's still deciding what color he should paint it.  Indecision much?  Is he his father's son?  

A few weeks ago, I was really down in the dumps, and mourning the fact I will never have a girl.  (This womb is closed - We've come too far to start over again.  Did you know they have an entire Disney section of ribbons at Joann's - that I will NEVER get to utilize?! (sniff.sniff)... That being said, I ADORE my boys.  I was MEANT to be a boy mom.  I'm allowed trips to Lone Star comics, I get to choose my superhero powers, AND design my costume.  I get to camp, don't have to wear makeup, and buy all the pink stuff for myself.  and, I DON'T have to share, [they leave my pink stuff alone]. (wink) Not to shabby for Jenn!  
When people ask, "Aren't you going to try for a girl?" My response is: "Nah, I'm enough estrogen for one house." - and that's probably the truth.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto. Minus the liking being outdoors part. Cause i hate that.

    ReplyDelete