Monday, August 22, 2011

Garage sale Gems!

Who doesn't love a garage sale find?  You can imagine how happy this makes Jeremy to come home and find more 'projects' for me to complete.

It goes something like this: 
Jeremy, "Hey, what is that (insert newest project) out in the garage?" 
Jenn, "Oh, that's my new (blah blah blah), I'm gonna do (blah blah blah) to it, isn't it going to be great?!.."
Jeremy, [insert extreme sarcasm] "Oh, yeah, it's gonna be great! I'm so glad you have another project. I was worried you might run out."  

These things come home, smelling funky, looking TI-RED!!  Lucky for me, I'm able to see past that, see the lines, structure; how it will look with fresh whatever it needs.  Here is one of my favorite finds.  I paid $20 for both the chair & chest.  The before is so Marcia Brady. The after is pretty fab, (i think).
It has dovetail joints - very heavy. 
that chair was in sad shape.  nasty.

so cute. sassy.  i love that fabric.
Now, I have storage for all the homework accessories.
it makes me smile when I walk into the craft room and see these sassy pieces.  I especially love all the men in the house use the chair when they're on the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment