Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Paperback Writer


Paperback writer is a stretch, aspiring blogger and comic writer/illustrator (Aidan) are more appropriate titles.  I probably don't follow a formal writing style.  Especially since, I can't remember ALL the formal rules of writing, I follow as many as I can remember.  [I would've given my senior English teacher more attention, had she actually liked me (she made it no secret my thoughts were useless - maybe they are?!)]

We are a house of readers.  One Friday night, we (the Baileys) were 'playing restaurant'.  Aidan and Jeremy were waiters, Liam and I were customers.  The 'restaurant' we were attending had an interesting twist: after ordering, both the wait staff, AND the customers migrate to a king sized bed, and read.  That is exactly what we did too.  Jeremy had his nook, Aidan had one of his Diary of a Whimpy Kid books, and I was helping Liam read through several of his books.  (at this particular 'restaurant' I got to be a patron AND the chef - lucky me!)

After watching HBO's Game of Thrones (BTW:great series), Jeremy read George R.R, Martin's Game of Throne Series (in about 3 months) and hasn't stopped reading since.  He's takes a few 'breathers' with some quick reads (a lawyer thriller here, a detective mystery there) in between his book series.

As a parent, it messes with your mind:
when you consider taking away reading priviliges (after all electronic priviliges have already been taken away).
OR 
when you have to take away books because they're reading under the covers with their flashlights..

Some pictures of reading
(apologies for some photo graininess - iPhone shots - not the best pics.)

Liam reading 'Splat the Cat' to great Grandpa Carter
Aidan @ Barnes & Noble (Diary of a Whimpy Kid display, Jeff Kinney) We bought a new D of a W K book while on Spring Break - it only lasted 24 hours, and he'd already finished it. (happy sigh)

Liam @ Barnes & Noble - trying to make his selection.

Engrossed in D of a W K (with my pretty pink glasses on)

He wanted to read to me, my book: Just One Look, Harlan Coben (also in my pretty pink glasses).


During this Lenten season, I've re-discovered my love affair with reading.  I have the next 2 books lined up on my shelf, awaiting use.


No comments:

Post a Comment