Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree




"Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me,
with anyone else but me, 
with anyone else but me
no no no, Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me, 'til I come marching home."
Our neighbor's tree fell.  Quite a tall tree, maybe 30 - 40 feet?

Thank God it landed towards the street.

Is that root rot? I don't know.

Front Row Joes watching the city employee.
Good, wholesome entertainment.


Our neighbor's tree fell.  Neither the boys, nor I heard it.  So, if a tree falls in a neighborhood, and the neighbors are inside their house, i guess the tree DOESN'T make a noise.


Mom & I's unproved, somewhat educated theory: the tree fell due to last summer's drought and water restrictions. 


somewhat unrelated side note: I love swing music (referring to today's blog title).  I swear, I was born in the wrong era, but then again, I'm very appreciative of today's luxuries (air conditioning, power steering, and some synthetic fabrics.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment