Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ode to Pancake

So last week, we were discussing a previous conversation that occurred at Original Pancake House.  I'm quite positive Aidan and I are on the same page, because he promptly asked, "Can we go there for breakfast tomorrow, pancakes sound GOOD!"  He is TRULY a child after my own heart!  I LOVE & ADORE breakfast, and all that it entails.  Moreover, I love going out for breakfast.  More than that, I LOVE going to breakfast at The Original Pancake House.  I've been going there since I was in middle school (twenty something years?- is that right?!)  I now have the privilige of taking my boys there.  So, enjoy the following tri-picture scene.  You never guess where you stand with Liam.  He lets you know immediately, with his facial expressions, words, and actions.  



Mom to Aidan, "Aidan, I don't think he wants your hand on his shoulder."

Mom to Aidan, "AIDAN, Please take your hand off of Liam, I know that's sweet, but he doesn't want you touching him right now." Poor Aidan complies.

the end result.  (sigh)

end note: I was going to attempt some clever, witty 'Ode'. Did you know an ode should contain at least 10 stanzas?  I love pancakes and all, but 10 stanzas worth?  A little more work that I wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment