Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dog Days are NOT over - NOT EVEN CLOSE

I was surprised at how late I slept, surprised how late I slept un-interrupted, and how HARD I slept.  I woke up at 10:55.  I woke up feeling like I should just go back to bed, maybe I should've.  I don't think that would've helped.  The laundry isn't going to finish itself, the scout summer schedule is already overdue, and I'm waging war against Polly's shed fur.
Seriously, look at those circles.  It might not seem too bad, but I think my eye sagging is approximately 2 cm.   Damn... dark circles.. I would SO consider an eyelift on a day like today Has anyone actually tried Hydrolize? 

Does this help at all?

Towards the end of the school year Liam ended up with quite a shiner.  The scary part, is it took us a few days to drag it out of him before he confessed: he gave it to himself... acting silly.  No wonder he was so embarrassed: poor little guy. he was just being silly, showing off punching himself (?) (don't ask me, I'm not a boy, and don't understand the male need to peacock strut), he punched himself a little too hard. Anyhow, one morning we were sitting at the breakfast table before school, and he looked over at me, and said, "Mom, I'm not the only one with a black eye... you've got TWO."  Ha! awww... Thanks Lee... you sweet, honest little boy.. yep, you noticed those dark circles? I don't feel old, but I sure feel tired sometimes, and I've got the dark circles to prove it.

I should've known it was going to be one of those days.  The boys have been sent to their rooms numerous times for fighting, J & I are bickering, I don't feel like doing anything; there are a MILLION things that need to be done.  The point? Not sure, just know it's July in Texas, and it's f*ing hot, and we're not even close to being done with these miserable temperatures.  No wonder everyone is so cranky.  Lucky us, we've got until September to enjoy the sweltering, why did I even bother taking a shower, I'm never going to feel fresh again, dog days of summer.  Why do we live here?  Oh yeah, we've got a job, and we're employed, and feel blessed about this.


At least, I'm still able to crack myself up.  
Now, onto the scout summer schedule, Thor has just requested help with his costume, and I probably should make up with J.  

1 comment: