Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just a Girl.

Immediately after No Doubt's Just a Girl, I adopted it as my anthem.  I still feel like that (mumbled fifteen) years later.  How many times did I hear: "It's not YOU we don't trust, it's ALL those CRAZIES out there."  The responsible adult in me, now realizes, it was all in my best interest.  The girl in me still resents that scared feeling, being petite, and wants to shake my fist, OR jump up and down at a No Doubt concert, like I did a few years ago~ I digress.

I'm pretty much a girly girl.  I am without a doubt,  an unapologetic, acknowledging, and accepting: high maintenance girl.  I own it.  I have to. What good would denying do?  Why not, openly admit, and move on?  It's no secret to my parents, friends, or husband.  He's known this for some time now.  When Jeremy and I bicker, often I throw out the phrase, "Look, YOU'RE the one that married me.." (as if it's not really my problem, but his.) 

In honor of being a girly girl - I have a small celebration to share:
 A Good Eyelash day!
No clumps, just long, luscious lashes - hells yah!!!
Never underestimate the power of a good eyelash day!  It makes, just about EVERYTHING better!  It's almost like a guarantee that you're going to have a GREAT day!
Wait, it gets better: 2 days in a row!!
I mean, I must be living right, or all the planets are aligned, just so.
Confession time: When I was pregnant with BOTH boys, one of my prayers for my babies: (aside from health and happiness): for them to inherit MY eyelashes, and not Jeremy's!!!  Seriously - I did, AND (exhale) prayers answered!  I'm happy to report, BOTH boys inherited MY lashes, and NOT Jeremy's.


on another note:
One of my Favorite Products to share:
Picking up drycleaning: not one of my favorite tasks. How in the world are you supposed to fit ALL your hangers on one teeny car holder?
I give you:
Car Clothes Carrier (I got it at Container Store) (Of course, the boys pretend it's some kind of magic handle that can make the car stop when pulled.)

I know, that's a lot of clothes from the dry cleaner.  Did I mention, I HATE ironing?
okay.  That's it for today.





No comments:

Post a Comment